Rebecca Dziedzic: Concordia University, Canada
Fuzhan Nasiri: Concordia University, Canada
Submission Status: Closed | Submission Deadline: Closed
This collection is no longer accepting submissions
Environmental Systems Research is calling for submissions to our Collection on Infrastructure Systems and the Environment: Sustainability, Circularity, and Resilience
Infrastructure is the backbone of society. It provides essential services, such as water, sewer, energy, transportation, etc. Mitigating the environmental impacts of infrastructure as well as their adaptation to climate change have emerged as key challenges in the 21st century due to an increasing pace of urbanization, diversity of infrastructure facilities, their capital intensity, long service life, interconnections, and criticality of these facilities and services.
In the sense of these challenges, this special issue aims at publishing original papers on emerging research and practice in integrating and coordinating sustainability, circularity, and resilience dimensions to enhance environmental protection, reduce vulnerability to climate change, and improve resource efficiency and recovery in management of infrastructure facilities and services. The areas of particular interest are (but not limited to):
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies in infrastructure management
- Assessment and mitigation of environmental risks associated with construction and operation of infrastructure systems
- Life cycle analysis applications to infrastructure management
- Circular economy, resource conservation, efficiency, and recovery in infrastructure management
- Infrastructure resilience and vulnerability to climate change
- Green and/or natural infrastructure asset management
This Collection supports and amplifies research related to SDG 9.