Environmental Systems Research is associated with the International Society for Environmental Information Sciences (ISEIS).
Aims and scope
Aims and scope
Environmental Systems Research publishes innovative research, reviews and comments on environmental systems science and environmental management. The journal aims to further the use of sound scientific analysis to establish environmental management solutions that are consensus-oriented, risk-informed and cost-effective.
The journal particularly encourages research on the use of new or improved tools, processes and technology for the study and management of environmental systems, including new equipment, models, GIS, data mining, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
The journal coverage includes new theoretical and application findings in the fields
of systems science for environmental studies or closely related research areas.
Topics include, but not limited to:
- Methods and applications related to integrated simulation, optimization and
management of resources, environmental and/or ecological systems
- Methods and applications of data mining and artificial intelligence to environmental
- Modeling of fate and transport of contaminants in environmental systems
- Environmental risk assessment and vulnerability analysis
- Sustainable water resources management
- Optimization and control of pollution mitigation processes
- Environmental statistics and multi-criteria decision analysis
- Climate change impact assessment and adaptation planning
- Environmental policy analysis
- Methods for uncertainty analysis and their applications in environmental and
ecological risk assessment
- Computer graphics, GIS and expert systems for supporting environmental and
ecological decision making
- Other areas of resources, environmental and ecological systems sciences
Annual Journal Metrics
46 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
22 days to first decision for all manuscripts
101 days from submission to acceptance
12 days from acceptance to publication
42 altmetric mentions
- ISSN: 2193-2697 (electronic)